March 23, 2010 04:46 PM | | Bookmark and Share Ending the exemption in the Medicare tax for investment income would not affect small businesses at all. Increasing the Medicare tax rate on earned income in excess of $200,000 (or $250,000 for married couples) would have no effect on 95 percent of small business owners, and is unlikely to affect the hiring and investment decisions for the other 5 percent.
Read the report.

    Want even more CTJ? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, RSS, and Youtube!